Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog 10 Reflection on Skills.



Dr. X class has been really helpful. I believe my skills have improved in annotating, summarizing, thesis-based writing and paragraphing. At first I said to myself how did I fail the test? By these for methods I noticed that I didn’t know much pertaining to writing. It basically opened my eyes. Just like Socrates “Allegory of the Cave”. Yes, I’m blinded by the light
.
I noticed that I did acquire these skills. I re-read some of the blogs that I written in the beginning of Dr. X class and realize my mistakes.

The only skill that I need to improve or is unclear to me is the thesis-based writing. The format seems to confuse me. The claim I understand.  The thesis statement for the first sentence is what’s confusing me. I guess I have to read it over again or have Dr. X explain it to me.

My confidence on basic writing has improved. When I write I try my best to stay focused on the topic. At the beginning I use to carry on. Now I re-read before I submit my blogs and make any corrections if needed. I still got a lot to work on. By the time the semester is over I believe I will be ready to take the CAT.

At first I thought that posting blogs was a waste of time. I was thinking that it was a joke getting on the computer for class. Looking back I’m noticing how Dr. X’s method of teaching is real helpful. Thank you Dr. X, for helping me walk out of the Cave.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest self-assessment, Julio. We'll work on those thesis statements. :-)

    ReplyDelete